Monday, February 14, 2011

Norwalk, California-My "Dander"-This is why I LOVE Valentine's Day

He's a kid who has always walked his own road, even if it made absolutely no sense to anyone.
Or if it was a road that walked him into a wall or a closet because he wasn't PAYING ATTENTION!
If you aren't paying attention you could miss him because his sense of humor is subtle and he doesn't demand the spotlight. He is our "Dander"! Alyssa gave him this nickname when she was only 15 months old. A nickname that has carried over to his 16th birthday and will remain forever. He is the reason why I LOVE Valentine's Day!

Alexander,
Being born on Valentine's day doomed you to have a gentle heart and fierce loyalty. When you were in preschool you promised to buy a house next door to me, so you'd never have to spend a day without me! My heart melts with that promise and I've hung on to it everyday of my life. Those days make me want to freeze time for all of eternity! Thank you for being such a wonderful son and brother. The world is a better place with you in it. Always remember to stay close to God in all things, looks are not the most important thing, which is related to another truth, looks can be deceiving, on the really big decisions, pause before you act. Look before you leap. Always follow your gut. I love you beyond words!  I'm so proud of you and I'm glad God poured buckets of Love on you the day you were born.  

xoxo,
Mom
  
Here are a couple of messages from Grandpa Tony & Grandma Mary:
my handsome danders! 16 OMG. I still remember the morning alexander was born on that rainy night as i drove you to the hospital. still brings tears of joy to my eyes and warms that special place in my heart for all of you. love you mija.~Grandpa Tony 

From the moment you came home your gentle, even spirit lit up our home. Your smile and easy way of getting through everything with just a shrug and a knowing look. And the moments when the devil hid behind the sparkle in your eyes........oh my! those days! Your willingness to just be there has been a treasure to me from the first time I hugged you. ~Grandma Mary

I couldn't help but post all these pictures of my baby! Enjoy.
















I Love you son! Happy Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I love comments!!!